Success with the flipped classroom model in STEM education has received a lot of attention in the media lately. Some call it a revolution, and others have suggested that it could be the solution to the STEM graduate deficit in the United States. There is a definite movement to at least experiment with this model.
It seems that everywhere you turn these days you run into the “big data” phenomenon. But, as it was pointed out in a recent GIGAOM article featuring LectureTools creator, Dr. Perry Samson, collecting data on student performance is not solely the province of massively open online courses (MOOCs).
Never fear - we haven’t forgotten about system administrators who work behind-the-scenes to support and maintain their institution’s Echo360 deployment along with countless other day-to-day duties.
At Echo360, our mission is to make active learning and lecture capture easy to use for instructors and students, while streamlining system maintenance and management for administrators.
You just never know who might drop by at the 2014 EMEA User Community Conference. Last year, attendees were treated to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Processional. This year, who knows?
Dr. Russell Mumper, Vice Dean of the Eshelman School of Pharmacy at UNC Chapel Hill, had heard the buzz surrounding the flipped classroom. With the explosion of information that a pharmaceutical student must know to succeed in the field, Dr.
As we prepare for the upcoming Online Educa Berlin conference, one of the stories that is beginning to emerge is about what is happening in Estonia. A tiny country of 1.3 million people, few would have been able to predict this country’s success when it achieved independence in 1991. Now, a little more than 20 years later, the country is a kind of technology “mouse that roared.”
In just a few weeks, we'll be heading off to Berlin, Germany for Online Educa Berlin 2013, the largest global e-learning conference for the corporate, education and public service sector. This will be an opportunity for attendees to see first hand the power of active learning technology. If you're unfamiliar with how active learning technology works, check out our video.
In the UK and across other Commonwealth countries, as well as in the United States, France and Belgium, November 11th is known as “Remembrance Day,” or Veteran’s Day. It is a day of remembrance that dates back to the end of the First World War and commemorates the armistice signed between the Allies and Germany. The armistice took effect on the “eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.” As such, it is a day on which we honor those who have made the supreme sacrifice in the service of their country.
- Learn about LectureTools at one of our upcoming free workshops (18,941)
- Echo360 Analytics (6,314)
- Extending the boundaries of the institution: Distance Learning and MOOCs (6,312)
- A few key takeaways from our Great Lakes regional user meeting (5,307)
- Active Learning: Where fearless teaching inspires fearless learning (5,186)
- INFOGRAPHIC – What happens when you flip a class? (4,557)
- Canvas Integration is Here! (4,183)
- Join us for a complimentary webinar event: Lecture Capture: Training Veterinary Students in a Digital World (3,227)
- To teach fearlessly, you first have capture your course content (3,193)
- How do you know what your students don’t know? (2,849)
- Technology is just a tool (2,751)
- Is Video the New Textbook? (2,641)
- Echo360 Acquires ThinkBinder: Active Learning Meets the New Social Studies (2,583)
- Dr. Alan Merten joins Echo360 Board of Advisors (2,559)
- Students as their own best resource (2,508)