As we prepare for the upcoming Online Educa Berlin conference, one of the stories that is beginning to emerge is about what is happening in Estonia. A tiny country of 1.3 million people, few would have been able to predict this country’s success when it achieved independence in 1991. Now, a little more than 20 years later, the country is a kind of technology “mouse that roared.”
In just a few weeks, we'll be heading off to Berlin, Germany for Online Educa Berlin 2013, the largest global e-learning conference for the corporate, education and public service sector. This will be an opportunity for attendees to see first hand the power of active learning technology. If you're unfamiliar with how active learning technology works, check out our video.
In the UK and across other Commonwealth countries, as well as in the United States, France and Belgium, November 11th is known as “Remembrance Day,” or Veteran’s Day. It is a day of remembrance that dates back to the end of the First World War and commemorates the armistice signed between the Allies and Germany. The armistice took effect on the “eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.” As such, it is a day on which we honor those who have made the supreme sacrifice in the service of their country.
Last week at Educause, we showcased the 5 key components of an active learning technology system. They are:
· Course replay – Quickly and easily upload your course material and lecture videos. Students can view the recordings anytime, anywhere and from any device.
· Student engagement – Increase student participation in your classes. Easily add polls, quizzes, and surveys and ditch the clickers as students participate in your class using their own device.
We called out for the fearless faculty and they arrived! They came to our booth in great numbers on the first day of Educause. And, in a highly entertaining Educause “poster session,” Dr. Perry Samson showed how it is possible to create a fun and engaging learning environment while walking around his large lecture courses teaching from his iPad!
Here’s what’s happening on day 2:
It’s time to join our fearless faculty. The exhibit hall doors will open promptly at 9:30 AM today and you’ll be able to see the most widely used active learning solution in use in education today. Visit us in booth 529 and take a tour of the 5 key components of an active learning system
· Course replay – quickly and easily upload your course material and lecture videos. Students can view the recordings anytime, anywhere and from any device.
Our latest video shows how easy it is to engage students and enhance their learning experience before, during and after class. Watch the video to see how Echo360's student engagement and lecture capture solutions can transform learning on and off-campus.
Our recent blog series has highlighted how instructors at leading institutions around the world use active learning technology to boost student engagement before, during and after class. Through innovative and creative course design, instructors can gain a better understanding into whether or not students actually comprehen
We all know how the ability to flip a classroom benefits the instructor. From the instructor’s perspective, using active learning technology to flip the class means:
· increased classroom time to present content, discuss complex topics and work with students — either individually or in small groups;
- Learn about LectureTools at one of our upcoming free workshops (5,123)
- Echo360 Analytics (5,036)
- Active Learning: Where fearless teaching inspires fearless learning (4,064)
- Canvas Integration is Here! (3,557)
- Extending the boundaries of the institution: Distance Learning and MOOCs (3,197)
- To teach fearlessly, you first have capture your course content (2,320)
- Is Video the New Textbook? (2,201)
- Dr. Alan Merten joins Echo360 Board of Advisors (2,198)
- Join us for a complimentary webinar event: Lecture Capture: Training Veterinary Students in a Digital World (2,189)
- A few key takeaways from our Great Lakes regional user meeting (2,187)
- Echo360 Acquires ThinkBinder: Active Learning Meets the New Social Studies (2,059)
- Students as their own best resource (2,030)
- How do you know what your students don’t know? (1,874)
- ‘Virtual office hours’ a hit with students and instructors (1,833)
- Flipping the classroom – from the student’s perspective (1,692)